TOP POSTS

Nicole Aguinaldo | A fashion, beauty, and travel blogger from the Philippines.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Secrets I Keep

As you may already know from my last two posts, I have had the amazing opportunity to shoot with photographer, Teban of Asian Impressions, during his brief visit to Manila recently. I know he is best known for streetstyle photography, which he said he started about six years ago. Although Teban is of Hawaiian and European descent and is based in the United States, he shares a special affinity with Asians. He is married to one and happens to work with many Asians in his regular job. To him, photography is a hobby, one that he is most passionate about and it shows in the pictures that he takes and in his unique ability to bring out and capture the personality of the people in them. He says that because of Asian Impressions, he has encountered many young Asian women who live in many parts of the world, many of whom he discovered struggle with racial discrimination and self-esteem issues. And so what started out as a hobby has taken a more noble mission, so that today, through his photography, he aims to:
-create an appreciation of Asian culture, style, and beauty
-open doors and promote positive cross cultural interactions
-develop a stronger awareness of contemporary Asian issues, and
-build confidence in young Asian women.

I mentioned earlier that Teban is more popular especially on Instagram for his streetstyle photography but as I found over the two photo sessions we had, he also takes amazing portraits. So I thought it'd be a shame not to share with you a few of the many he took of me. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.




What do you think of these pictures?

Like or follow me on:


I'd love to know!

PHOTOS BY ASIAN IMPRESSIONS (visit his INSTAGRAM as well)

20 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's amazing that you got the chance to be photographed by such a talented artist <3 You look stunning in all of these photos, Nicole!

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Beautiful Pics, Pretty Post

    FOLLOW MY BLOG / Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really sweet and touching write-up!!! Thanks so much Nicole! Truly a pleasure to work with such a wonderful woman as yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful! Beautiful pics!!!

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the picturess!
    You look so pretty
    xx
    Grace
    http://www.rondademate.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your makeup always looks so good!
    Great photos
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say your style is very impressive! You have a fantastic blog and all the pictures are wonderful! Loved everything!
    visit my blog!! follow each other? :CHIC STREET CHOC
    follow me on instagram! i will follow u back!
    F4F ON FACEBOOK?
    I'm waiting for u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're way too gorgeous my dear! And these photos are PERFECT! I'm gelous ahah
    kiss
    Yle

    www.ysdblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous!

    Lets keep in touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful,love :)

    www.paseandoamissreichel.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are extremely beautiful!

    xx Nicola

    www.morning-elegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos, I like your gold necklace ;) Pretty!

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful looks, nice pics.

    http://freedmode.blogspot.fr/
    Thanks for your comment.
    If you want to follow me, do not hesitate to subscribe to my blog.
    See very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look absolutely stunning! :)

    XO CHAMA FASHION
    www.chamafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you to get the chance to work with a professional, beautiful photos!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete