TOP POSTS

Nicole Aguinaldo | 23 year old fashion and lifestyle blogger from the Philippines.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fire and Rain

Today on the blog I'm featuring this mixed gold and silver metallic ensemble just as we are getting into the tailend of the season. 

I had been toying with the idea of a gold and silver OOTD for some time now ever since I found this silver metallic skater skirt at the Bazaar For All Seaons late in November, but finding the perfect top that was elegant enough yet understated proved a bit challenging. 

The thing with an all-metallic outfit is that it's so easy to go overboard and end up too costumey. Finding the right balance is key especially with a mixed metallic look. So I kept to silver for the clothes and gold for my accessories.

I must say it worked out pretty well with the warmth of gold providing the perfect foil for the coolness of the silver outfit! What I love most, however, is how the pearl-encrusted double metal necklace -- a Christmas present from a dear godmother -- just brings the whole outfit together! I just love it, definitely, my new favorite!


Outfit details:
Top, COTTON ON
Skirt, BFAS
Necklace, NUE OPTIONS

What do you think of mixing gold and silver in an outfit?

Like or follow me on:


I'd love to know!

If you like this look, HYPE it on LOOKBOOK.

Special thanks to:
VERONICA H. TECSON

PHOTOS BY NICCO RECASATA





28 comments:

  1. Love the mix of different metallics! It's definitely something I'd do as well. You look gorgeous as ever!

    http://www.thestylishbipolar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW...You're so beautiful, one of the best outfit I saw on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice styling, you look very chic and stylish in it, I have to agree it should be your favorite ;)

    Have a great Monday,
    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so classy and elegant this is my favorite outfit by far .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures and nice outfit! Very elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stylish and elegant look!

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Metallics are beautiful on your skin ! Love your clutch ;) http://valeriesdays.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your necklace so much! really fits to your outfit

    xx
    http://liveitcolorfully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both the silver and gold! looks beautiful on you. Love the lipstick you're wearing too! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love your dress :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love that outfit!!! Xx Nicoleta
    www.nicoletadan.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit is so pretty, love this natural colors. *__*
    Lovely greets Ness

    ReplyDelete
  13. darling look in this pastel outfit!!! :D lovely necklace too!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous look and pictures! Very romantic and fresh! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agreed, that top is perfect for that metallic skirt.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving this classy look!! The metallics look gorgeous together. This makes me miss wearing tanks and skirts so much!!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look really great! This is such a classy look.

    TRENDGALORE
    BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving this post! You look darling and that necklace is so pretty, what a great find!

    XO Courtney
    www.colormecourtney.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a stylish look, i really love it! Like always you look perfect for the occasion and so beautiful!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sooo stylish!!

    Love,
    Wendy
    http://collegecheese.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look so stunning
    love this Dress, very elegant
    fabulous post darling
    xoxo
    www.StunningChic.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

    By the way I am having a cute giveaway on my blog, you can win a lollipop necklace, I hope you join and If you do, good luck, I hope you win! <3

    Fashion gets Fierce.
    Fashion gets Fierce Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete