TOP POSTS

Nicole Aguinaldo | A fashion, beauty, and travel blogger from the Philippines.

Friday, May 29, 2015

No More Compromises



I was once asked what fashion item I would consider my fixation or fetish, and although I said at the time that I didn't have one, the question got me thinking. What's the one fashion item I wouldn't mind spending my last buck on? And I decided it would have to be shoes.

I guess it has to do with my feet. I have big feet and I used to be so self-conscious about it especially as a kid. I remember growing up having difficulty finding shoes that were appropriate for my age and with the size to fit. Even before I was a teen, I could only find shoes that fit in the ladies section! Thankfully, whenever my mom would travel to the US, she would bring home the prettiest sneakers of every color imaginable, and in my size, too! I must have American size feet? I guess so! And there, I guess, began my little love affair with expensive shoes! Today, size 9 feet don't seem so freakish, and local stores do carry that size. But the fetish for pricey signature shoes still remains.

Rightfully or not, I equate pricey with quality. But my preoccupation for shoe quality stems from another childhood memory, this time from a high school soiree, the very first my friends and I attended. We had decided we'd all go in high heel shoes, so there we were all gawky and awkward, and pretending we were used to walking around in heels while trying our hardest not to trip and fall. Unfortunately, my friend wasn't so lucky. I was just about to tease her about spending nearly the entire night talking to her crush when she hobbled towards me and frantically whispered she had lost one heel! Eeew, right? But moments later, her crush walked up to her and presented her missing heel! Double eeeww, I know! 

Today, my friend and I could only laugh about that night but at that moment, my friend must have wished the earth underneath her feet would cave in and swallow her alive! We all have moments when we felt awkward or uncomfortable or embarrassed and we all wonder what if we did this instead of that, or acted this way instead of that way. It kind of reminds me of this Carefree video. Check it out.


Talk about missed opportunity, right? I mean what if she was wearing Carefree that day? She would have felt more fresh and comfortable, surely none of that ewww feeling down there! And then surely, she'd have the cutest boy in school as her date to the prom! Sayang!

As for me, I try my best never to compromise. Because in the end, we all want to feel comfortable and happy with our choices. I know I am. How about you?

What do you think of this post?

Like or follow me on:

I'd love to know!

5 comments:

  1. I have a weakness for shoes too. And purses. But shoes more so. Great post Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shoes too! I have way too many pairs and never wear them all though haha.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting post! Thanks for sharing with us Nicole))

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our commitment is to provide our customers the best shopping experience possible with our personalized customer service at a safe and secure environment. Watches brands in Pakistan
    Watches brands in pakistan
    Branded watches in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete