TOP POSTS

Nicole Aguinaldo | A fashion, beauty, and travel blogger from the Philippines.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Of Blues and Silver Linings

I've often wondered why blue is associated with feelings of sadness and depression. The color reminds me of the sky on a bright sunny day and the deeper hues of the ocean in the summer! So for me, blue evokes happy times, peaceful times, and all things fun and delightful!
And so whenever I wear blue, I feel a sense of excitement, like good things are about to happen. Quite like how I felt the other day shooting today's OOTD.
I particularly love the blue shade of this DELVAUX handbag - I love its exuberance! A quick check at Pantone's Spring Fashion Colors for 2015 tells me it's called Scuba Blue! It isn't an exact match for the blue of this skirt from RIPPLES BY JENNY but that works for me just fine! I also love the soft, light pastel blue shade of this top from LOLA & DAISIES. The same Pantone Spring chart calls this light blue shade aquamarine.
I just love these shades of blue together, don't you? And methinks silver accessories  adds a dressier vibe to this otherwise simple casual ensemble.



Outfit details:
Sandals, LUREE
Bag, DELVAUX

What emotions does the color blue bring out in you? 

Like or follow me on:

I'd love to know!

If you like this look, HYPE it on LOOKBOOK.

PHOTOS BY NICCO RECASATA

22 comments:

  1. OOooe pretty I love this outfit you look amazing

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blue colour scheme really match your skin tone <3
    love the outfit!!


    Lauren xx | laurlauu

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous!
    Great outfit! Love all shades of blue!

    Arrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing in blue! Love that bag! The whole outfit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blue too! Totally fascinating by the sky and the sea, love water! This ensemble suits you beautifully, Nicole! So gorgeous how you've added silver elements here! Really harmonic look, beauty!

      xxx Ira
      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
  5. I love it! Completely agree, blue is a brilliant colour especially in the warmer months! I love dark, rich blues against white, it just makes me think of the contrast between the sea and the sand, the sky and the whitewashed villas, blue and white china.. just love it xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua Italy

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice and bright , I like!
    http://mosaictrends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You look superbly gorgeous!!!!

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing look, blue suits you so good. ^^
    New outfit is online....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty color on you... I like the two shades of blue and outfit is really cute.. have a great weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing connection Honey :) this blue skirt is gorgeous :) and your lips colour is great connected to your outfit :)
    Greetings,
    Vivi:)
    Vivienne Night Blog

    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this conbination outfit and you are beautiful girl!!
    Kisses darling
    Marzia
    BELLEZZA POUR FEMME // BUZZOLE CERCA BLOGGER COME TE! // FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK!
    Sono immensamente felice di essere tra i finalisti agli IGERS AWARDS. Vi ringrazio tutte per avermi votato. Per quest'ultima fase che dura fino al 14 giugno ho bisogno di tutto il vostro supporto votatemi su http://awards.igersitalia.it/vota-finalisti selezionate tutte le vostre scelte e nominatemi con @bellezzapourfemme per la categoria Fashion Donna #InstagramersAwards #IGA15

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful outfit! I love all of the different shades of blue you've incorporated into this look.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loe your sandals so much, i've been looking for a similar pair but in gold and i just gave up and i bought brown sandals with a gold strap at the front, so sad!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so pretty !
    That skirt it's gorgeous.
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a gorgeous, oceanic combination of colours :) Blue gives me positive vibes too- it reminds me of the ocean and the sky. You look incredible and the little highlights of silver on the bag, jewellery and shoes give it that extra glam factor

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my god this Outfit is amazing. love your shoes

    Check out my new post on my blog
    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com
    Posts online about Jesolo, Hong Kong, Hawaii...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello lovely! You are very beautiful and your blog is so interesting! I`ll be very happy if you visit my blog :)) have a nice day :)

    www.blotterlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Dear,
    I really like your Posts & you have great Pictures. Would you like to support each other and follow via Bloglovin, Google + & GFC? That would be so cool, and I hope we stay in touch. :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    MY BLOG
    INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  19. great outfit, really nice combination :)

    http://annazuerker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. this color is amazing. I love your style. ciao gloria

    Gloriadressup

    ReplyDelete