TOP POSTS

Nicole Aguinaldo | A fashion, beauty, and travel blogger from the Philippines.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Create The Eye-conic Look with Maybelline! #MaybellineNYFW

Have you ever imagined how it would be like to be in the most electric fashion and beauty event of the year?  I have - twice a year actually, when the biggest names in the fashion and beauty industries come together for the New York Fashion Week while we and the rest of the world could only watch from our tv and computer screens and ogle! 


Thankfully, NYFW's official makeup and beauty partner, MAYBELLINE, brings all the New York trendiness to us Filipinas by sharing the top makeup trends as seen on the runways. No less than It Girl top model - Georgina Wilson rocked all three looks as she brought us live updates from NYFW last September 11 to 17.

Trend 1: Make Modern Mattes Happen / Trend 2: The Eye-conic Look / Trend 3: Year of the Strong Brows 

Today on the blog, I'm recreating my personal favorite - the Maybelline Eye-conic Look!


Step 1: FACE

For maximum coverage, I used Maybelline's Super Mineral Liquid Foundation on different sections of the face from the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin, and spread equally with a small triangular sponge.

Tip: Always use a slightly damp sponge for better and equal coverage. I found that using a damp sponge also keeps the product from clumping while you apply it. 

For a smooth matte finish, apply just a thin layer of Maybelline's White SuperFresh cake powder. 

Step 2: EYES

To recreate Georgina's amazing Eye-conic Look, I started with the Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo Leather Cuir in Creamy Beige. Apply it equally on the eyelids. 

I noticed that by applying the Color Tattoo as your base, the next layer of eye shadow sticks to the skin a lot better and helps keep the whole thing from smearing. 

Then I took my favorite - Maybelline's new The Nudes Palette and blended the brown eye shadow with the creamy beige base. Apply the darker shadow at the outer corner of your eyes and a thin layer below your brow bone.

Tip: Apply small amounts of eye shadow on your brush to better control how dark you want the color to be. It's easier to add more eye shadow if necessary than trying to undo an overly dark application!

Next, I used the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in brown on my upper eyelids to create my winged eye look.

Finish off with the Maybelline Volum' Express HyperCurl Mascara

Mascara is always a MUST for me because it helps brighten up my eyes no matter what look I'm going for!

Step 3: CHEEKS

For my cheeks, I used the Maybelline Blush 'Em! cheek color in I'm Fashionista! I love this particular shade duo because personally, I think that it looks more natural than those that are pinker in shade. Plus, it goes extremely well with the Eye-conic Look!

Apply your blush just under the cheek bones. I also like to brush a small amount on my jawline, chin, and the sides of forehead to create highlights and even out my look. 

Step 4: LIPS

I'm finishing off my Eye-conic Look with bright red lips using Maybelline's iconic Bold Matte lipstick in MAT4 Red!

What do you think of this look? Do you think I pulled off Maybelline's Eye-conic Look? 

You, too, can recreate this look with the amazing products I used at discounted prices because there will be a Maybelline New York Fashion Week sale from Novermber 13 to December 15! Even the NYFW featured products will also be on sale! What a treat! 

For more details, visit Maybelline's website:

Like and follow Maybelline on FacebookTwitter, & Instagram



What do you think of this tutorial? 

Like or follow me on:


I'd love to know!

PHOTOS BY NICCO RECASATA

24 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for the tutorial Miss Nicole. Your so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the tutorial Miss Nicole. Your so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Tutorial. I'll try that next week. See if it looks good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is absolutely stunning! the photographs are exceptional!

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post, you look great!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your makeup and how accurate you applied it, Nicole! Subtle and sexy look! Happy weekend!

    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous Nicole!! Love the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty forever ate! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love, love, love this makeup look!!! That lip colour is so lovely and you look so gorgeous!

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you did your lips! And your eye liner! :)

    But then again, you're so pretty to start with! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really hoping to win your giveaway ate hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so pretty! I love the way you've done your makeup here :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look pretty as always Nicole! I love the eye makeup. Maybelline has always been a favorite brand of mine particularly with their mascaras!

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely make up ! ^^

    www.theclassicv.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did your makeup to perfection and you look even more beautiful than you already are. I should definitely start using maybelline, they surely have nice products.
    fashionstylemogul.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. When will you announce the winner of your giveaway? Crossing my fingers and toes that I win! Hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. your make up is always flawless. Thank you for sharing this!!!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! Nice make up. Well done :)
    http://beautyandallthatjazz.com/sneak-peek-to-the-myyra-launch-event/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the post so much! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous!! so flawless! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the lipstick! Looks really good on you.

    Tega Enai
    www.tegaenai.com
    xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bold and Beautiful, this look is perfect for the fall.

    thanks for recreating it.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete