TOP POSTS

Nicole Aguinaldo | 23 year old fashion and lifestyle blogger from the Philippines.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Dressing Up for Maybelline NYFW

I've played it in my mind more than a dozen and a half times. Strutting around the streets surrounding the Lincoln Center or elsewhere in Manhattan with the fashionistas of the world, catching one show to the next from Jason Wu to Rebecca Minkoff to Calvin Klein to Tommy Hilfiger! 

Yes, I'm talking about the New York Fashion Week! And why not? A girl can dream, right? And thanks to MAYBELLINE, the world's favorite makeup brand, I've never been closer to fulfilling that dream than I am right now!

So what would I wear if I were to go on a three-day sojourn to attend NYFW right now? Check out the outfits I put together here.

Like I always do whenever I travel, I like to bring versatile clothes that you can mix and match or transform into different looks just by using basic pieces like a pair of black skinny jeans or dressy shorts.


LOOK 1:

There's nothing like a stunning all-black ensemble and equally stunning makeup to make a girl standout. Love the classic front and stylish long tail of this top and the Jackie O feels that it gives off when paired with this simple midi skirt. 


Talk about making modern mattes happen, this MAYBELLINE makeup trend I have on for this look makes use of bold, intense lip color from the brand's power lip franchise, Bold Matte by Color Sensational!


Outfit details: 
Top/Jacket, CHANEL
Bag, CHANEL

LOOK 2:

Take this bright fire engine red cape blazer and wear it with a matching skirt and black peplum top like I did here. Just the striking color and impeccable tailoring would be sure to draw attention but it"ll look just as good worn with black jeans or white crop top and shorts.


For this look, I opted for MAYBELLINE's fresh-face makeup trend and let over-the-top makeup take a backseat. Using only the Fashion Brow Palette (soon to be launched in the Philippines) and the Volum' Express Hyper Curl mascara to create strong eyebrows and White SuperFresh powder foundation for a matte finish is enough to let you standout!


Outfit details:
Heels, FOREVER 21
Earrings, CHANEL

LOOK 3:

Here's me having fun with the edgy vibe of this outfit. The black turtleneck dress is always a smart piece I love playing around with. I wear it with stilettos and a long necklace for formal occasions but it looks just as good with sneakers or flats when my feet get weary. Here, I wore a velvety vest and suede lace up boots and dark makeup for an edgier look.

 
topped with the Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner on my eyes.


Outfit details:
Dress, ZARA
Vest, ZARA
Bag, CHANEL
Boots, FOREVER 21
Earrings, CHANEL
Cuff, TORY BURCH

What do you think of these #MaybellineNYFW inspired looks? Want to recreate any of them?

Well, all these amazing NYFW featured products I used are currently available at all Maybelline counters nationwide! You can also purchase these products at discounted prices because they will be having a special New York Fashion Week sale from November 13 to December 15! What a treat! 

For more info, visit Maybelline's WEBSITE.
Follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.



What do you think of this post? 

Like or follow me on:


I'd love to know!

PHOTOS BY NICCO RECASATA

38 comments:

  1. Love all three looks! You look amazing! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so chic and stylish, ms. Nicole! Excited to know who won your giveaway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the second look is my favorite, that red cape is amazing!
    lunjasky.wordpress.com
    Lunjasky bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is absolutely stunning! You look so adorable!

    http://fairyland111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all three looks!
    -Kyanna
    http://kyannajames.com/?p=238

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the second and third one ate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning as always! I love the red outfit, so perfect!

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. all 3 outfits are absolutely perfect! The first one is my fav and I must say that red lipstick looks divine on you.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete

  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! flawless

    deanswolves.com

    deanswolves.com

    deanswolves.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so pretty and stylish in all of them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great looks! You'd fit right in at fashion week.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is AMAZING! Ensemble 1 is so chic and elegant, I'm ABSOLUTELY obsessed with ensemble 2 and ensemble 3 is so edgy, I love it all so much Nicole!

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome look!
    Have a nice week!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable are you!! I love the red look...and the black is so bold and daring... sassy girl, you are owning all 3 looks!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today's Post: Annapolis Outfit: Tunic Tee & Fold-Over Booties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with Amber! Head over heels about red and black lately and you totally rock those combinations, Nicole! Beautiful lady you!

      Ira / JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
  15. All of these are so stylish and you look gorgeous doll! The red one is my favorite.

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all looks!! Especially the second one !!
    U look beautiful as always!! Xoxo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many amazing looks! I love the red cape!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so pretty that you make all 3 outfits look really good! :)

    And I really really love the red outfit! Ready for business! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look like a doll! So gorgeous <3 All the outfits look amazing on you

    www.SHVETA.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all three outfit; the red one really stands out!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay, so you are absolutely adorable! The red outfit is AMAZING! So chic!

    Jennifer Ashley
    www.prettylittledetails.ca

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow damn great pics

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Amalfi, Amsterdam, Rio...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all outfits, but my fave has to be the first all-black one. The jacket has a fantastic fit and the overall look is so elegant as well as edgy :-)
    XO,
    Izzy
    http://www.nearnoise.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that red cape blazer!!! I've been looking for one just like it but in black. Great looks! <3

    http://www.kyroandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look incredible! Absolutely love the first outfit!

    Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
  26. All are great! The red one is my fav! Very stylish!
    Chichistashan.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  27. All of your looks are absolutely stunning! My fave is the second one, you look so beautiful in red :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty talaga, crush! <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm totally in love with the second outfit *_* I love red on you

    http://www.everydaycoffee.it/

    ReplyDelete
  30. so posh and chic!! i totally love the second red look! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such charming outfits!You have a beautiful smile:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a beautiful pictures, my dear *_*

    Kisses,

    Nicoleta

    http://reinventyourself.guide

    ReplyDelete