TOP POSTS

Nicole Aguinaldo | 23 year old fashion and lifestyle blogger from the Philippines.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Cheers to 23!

I just turned 23 the other day, the 9th of April. Yes, happy birthday to me! I read somewhere that 23 is a pivotal turning point in a woman's life and I must agree. There is a certain ambivalence attached to it. You're an adult, no doubt about it. You've never felt more independent in your life. It's a thrilling place to be in, like the world is in your hands and it's up to you what to make of it. You feel like you're in the threshhold of great things to come and success is at your fingertips. You're all pumped up and raring to go! And then you hear the nagging little voices inside of you: Is this what you really want to do? Where are you headed from here? Are you sure of what lies ahead?

Guess what? No one's got all the answers. Let alone a 23 year old like me. But I do know that right now I'm happiest doing what I'm doing. I love how great opportunities are opening up for me. I know where I want to go and I'm sure going to work my a$$ off to get there! 

So, in honor of turning 23 and feeling surefooted about myself, I thought I'd dress the part - in a fabulous black number from one of my favorite fashion brands, TOBI.

I love the power that black signifies (The dress is also available in Light Blue and Pink) so this party dress lighted up all my YES bulbs. I love the sexy, sophisticated style. The front keyhole design can be a bit risque but nothing that double tape can't solve. It mirrors the back cutout design showing just the right amount of skin. I especially love the mock neck  halter style which accentuates the neck and shoulder area -  I've been told they are my best assets. It finishes off with a skater, flared skirt which is perfect for most body shapes. 

I thought I'd accentuate with the color red - a color that I believe stands for passion and energy! I love this color! It always lights up my mood and in combination with black, there is one word in fashion jargon to describe it - SLAY!

So here's to dressing up to conquer. And cheers to 23!


Outfit details:
Dress, TOBI

Check out more of TOBI's different designs:

What do you think of this look?

Like or follow me on:

I'd love to know!

15 comments:

  1. You look stunning! Happy belated birthday!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  2. woww!!! so pretty and perfect outfit <3
    xx
    http://rockmyboots.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked an amazing dress for your birthday, dear, just perfect on you. Your shoulders really are very gorgeous as is your back. The open back and especially that open front are so sexy. You have very sexy, lovely curves so it is nice you show them off a little, even if it involves some tape :) And you are so right about age 23. The one thing you have an endless supply of at that age is opportunity. Take advantage of it while you have it. Happy Birthday sweetie :) xoxo

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I love your outfit, you look so glamorous! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look alot younger than 23!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just stunning in this outfit. nIce look. Perfect birthday dress. Happy Birthday

    What Would be to Eat for Staying Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice dress! You look fantastic!
    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I hope you had a lovely birthday! I absoloutely love this outfit! The heels are stunning xx

    http://leahrachelgoth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday dear :) lovely pictures !
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so glamourous dear!!! love it from head to toe!

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy birthday! I love your lip color here! <3

    Splurge into my World

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO classy and elegant! Hope this year brings you all you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post. I like your blog!

    Uniq - new brand with unique spirit
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2016/04/uniq.
    htmlhttps://www.instagram.com/mira_shpak/

    ReplyDelete