TOP POSTS

Nicole Aguinaldo | 23 year old fashion and lifestyle blogger from the Philippines.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A Day of Milestones

If you guys have been following my blog for quite sometime now, you would probably know that July 9 really is a special day for me every year. Every year on this day I celebrate, not one, but two very important milestones in my life.

First, this year of the 9th of July is my fifth year anniversary with my boyfriend Nicco! Second, it is also my blog's fourth year anniversary! In fact my first ever blog post was all about my first anniversary with Nicco! And the rest was history..

Every year since the beginning of my blog back in 2013, it has been a tradition of mine to document what my boyfriend and I did during our anniversary- and this year was no exception!

Before I get into detail of how our anniversary went, let me show you what I wore on this very special date!

I wore this beautiful pink off-the-shoulder top from ZARA that had the very trendy trumpet sleeves and some ruffled detailing on the neckline.

I'm so obsessed with this top because it looks very feminine and sophisticated yet it's also sweet and demure for date night. I also like how it's comfy enough to wear for a day-trip to a classy restaurant in Tagaytay!

I wore my new pair of black pants from ZARA, my favorite purse from LIPAULT, and my comfy heeled sandals from H&M along with my new favorite top.

Nicco and I celebrated our anniversary by spending the day at the beautiful Antonio's Restaurant in Tagaytay! It had a very rustic yet classy vibe to it perfect for a romantic night out with that special someone- and that's exactly how we spent it!

You'll surely fall in love with the lush greenery that surrounds the entire estate and the charming interiors of the restaurant! It was definitely the perfect romantic place to celebrate our fifth year as a couple!

Of course, the food did not disappoint at all! It's dish was absolutely delicious and though they were quite pricey, we surely got our money's worth in every bite!

Every entree dish comes with a salad, soup, and desert! So, let me entice your appetite by going through each dish for you guys!

The house salad was a well-balanced dish with subtle grassy flavors coming from the base of mesclun, radish, and red beets. It was elevated with the distinct taste of bleu cheese, the pepperiness of arugula, and the texture from the crunchy candied walnuts. The generous drizzle of raspberry vinaigrette tied the whole dish together along with a hint of freshness from the basil oil. The Vino Frizzante Ruggeri Prosecco that was paired with the dish went down smoothly, contrasting the bold flavors of the salad.

The next dish was a hearty pumpkin soup, with layers of richness from the reduced cream and the characteristic taste of allium from the leek oil. The meatiness from the mushrooms were also a welcome surprise. The soup was served in classic fine dining fashion where they first serve the condiments and croutons plated on a shallow dish, then the waiter pours in the velvety soup. For the dish’s wine pairing, the floral notes of the Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) Aussieres Blanc Chardonnay complemented the robust flavor of the soup.

The entrée was a trio of Antonio’s lamb, beef, and fish. The lamb medallion didn’t taste as gamey as usual preparations and it might have been because of the rich glaze of black garlic, matched with a creamy goat cheese, and subtly sweet and sour red cabbage confit. The beef loin’s smokiness was emphasized with the addition of bourbon jus. However, the mashed potato was more on the gummy side but it didn’t really matter because of how flavorful and tender the beef was. It was almost too close to call but the fish was the best of the three. The steamed Chilean sea bass melted in your mouth like butter because of the generous layer of gratinated hollandaise on top. The crispy capers, and the spaetzle siding rounded out the flavors of an already delicious fish. The Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) Aussieres Rouge Cabertnet Sauvignon-Syrah’s notes of red fruits and cinnamon paired well with both the lamb and the beef but honestly not as much for the fish.

The free range chicken leg ballotine was impressive too. It was served in a cross section of tender chicken stuffed with pine nuts. The goose liver sauce had an umami that elevated the dish and the gratinated potato was wonderful as well.

The white chocolate soufflé was light and fluffy with a sophisticated pop of flavor from the Grand Marnier crème anglaise.

The rhubarb confit could’ve had a bit more sweetness to it but the mascarpone balanced the more sour notes of the dish.

It was definitely another wonderful night of July 9 to remember that I can not wait to see what next year has in store for us!

Before I end this post, I just want to thank each and every one of you, my lovely readers, for sticking around for the past 4 years of Girl About Town! Making this blog has truly been life changing for me and I wouldn't be here today without all of your love and support! :) I can't wait to continue this amazing journey of being a blogger for as long as I can! 

Once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for being a part of my journey and I do hope that you guys will continue to ride it out with me! :) love you guys so much!!! 


What do you think of this post? 

Like or follow me on:

I'd love to know!























5 comments:

  1. Really love your blog :) congrats to you on your anniv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blouse is beautiful
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 5th year with your bf and 4th with your blog ate!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to you and your boyfriend, you two make for a very cute couple!

    ReplyDelete